This is a series of excerpts from a paper I edited on use cases and techniques for transliteration. I’ve corrected minor errors in grammar and punctuation, and I’ve used my linguistic and mathematical background to fact-check and query some of the content.
I was hired by Saifedean Ammous to proofread the manuscript and check it conformed to Wiley’s style guide, and to create the index. As well as finding multiple errors per page in spelling, punctuation and style guide compliance, I also found several factual errors and inconsistencies.
I wrote this linguistics essay discussing the prompt: “The data of child language acquisition can be adequately explained without postulating the existence of an LAD or specialised language ‘module’”.