I’m a skilled academic editor, consultant, proofreader and writer with a solid mathematical background, fantastic attention to detail and an eagle eye for typos. I’m a native British English speaker with a degree in Mathematics and Linguistics from the University of Cambridge and an excellent understanding of English grammar.
I can work in a variety of styles, from academic papers to humorous blog posts, and am confident working in both UK and US English. I’m reliable and professional and good at meeting deadlines.
Services I can offer you include:
- Checking correctness of mathematics or science
- Writing multiple-choice or short-answer test questions in mathematics or science
- Mapping curriculum objectives
- Analysing content for readability and language level
- Correcting typos and errors in spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Condensing or summarising
- Rewriting in a different tone, e.g. more formal or less formal
- Rewriting content by non-native speakers to make it grammatically correct and idiomatic
- Checking references match citations and conform to a particular referencing style
- Making formatting consistent
I’m particularly experienced at editing educational materials in STEM subjects. I’ve proofread maths syllabuses and exam papers for a leading international exam board, I’ve edited textbooks for a leading academic publisher, and I have long-term contracts with a couple of online education providers to check their science materials for linguistic and scientific correctness. I also have strong IT skills and several years’ experience working in software development.
Specialist subjects I’m familiar with include mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, computer science, software development, psychology, business studies, linguistics, parenting, cookery, and Christianity.
Contact me to discuss how I can help you improve the quality of your content.